Old 06-11-2018, 12:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
comtnman740

From it stem all forms of Spiritual Disease

Hey SR!
I can’t really complain about much lately just a few luxury problems but if there is one thing that has been eating my lunch lately it’s Resentment.

I haven’t done a 4th step in a few months and feel like I may need to go back and do another. As they say it’s definitely progress not perfection. I like what was said especially about grace and I have to remind myself to not be judge and jury some days. When I first did my 4th step there was a lot of resentment surrounding my family but that has since subsided with the miracle of 5, 6 & 7 and the program. Lately I think my resentments have been more targeted at friends and a few institutions.

I have a few friends that I have since made amends to that I don’t feel like have really made an effort to reconnect. That is their deal and I know that all I can do is keep my side of the street clean. I also know that the healing on both sides does take time. As I walk through recovery I also find that certain friends that I had when I drank aren’t really the best for me now. I’m a little sad by that but I think what I need to do is accept it.

I also have a resentment toward a certain class of people here in Colorado. Specifically those who have moved here to just build it up and “play monopoly”. I think in a nutshell I’m angry and resentful because this is a place that I’ve wanted to live for most of my life and have for the last 13 years but seeing it become a big city is upsetting to me along with a lot of other people that have lived here for quite awhile. The persona of the city has changed small affordable mom and pop restaurants have been replaced for overpriced establishments that charge 15 bucks for a burger. The traffic has gotten bad and there are more and more people driving around the city like their hair is on fire. Frankly it sucks! I didn’t sign up for this and resent the fact that I have to move from a place that once in my opinion was such a nice little city and the words of a friend who is a native has been “destroyed”. God grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change and the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference. Felt good to write that out..thanks everyone!

Hope everyone has an amazing resentment free day!
Garrison