View Single Post
Old 06-11-2018, 07:11 AM
  # 384 (permalink)  
stargazer016
Quit 4/17/15

I am glad that you have found a hobby that gets you out of your office seven days a week FBL. I would probably enjoy collecting the years that you are currently, as they were the height of my sports fandom. Once I hit my teens, other interests started to creep in my head.

Glee, don't feel bad about procrastinating a bit. I have so much to get done around the house and yard, but I just have lost a little interest over the years. Sobriety is trying to show me what's important, and for whom things are important to. Learning to like or love oneself enough to follow one's own path is a new thing for me. I feel that I just feel guilty when I am not productive outside of work these days because I got so little done by the end of my drinking days.

Gilmer, I have a woman at work whom went away to knitting camp for a week last year. Imagine a room full of folks knitting and chatting away. She said that she had such a good time attending and that the folks there were such nice people.

Welcome back Courage! I can't believe your vacation is over already. I hope that the weather was good and you had time to do whatever you wanted to see. Sometimes, it's nice just to get away somewhere and break the routines that we so often find ourselves in.

I had seen Dead and Co, a mix of most of the remaining members of the Dead, plus John Mayer, and some other talented folks. Unfortunately, the show got cancelled in the second set after two songs due to lightning strikes happening just outside the stadium. The venue in Camden is like Merriweather Post Pavilion, or PNC Arts in Holmdel NJ , or Great Woods outside Boston, where half the attendees have covered seating, while the others sit on an open lawn area. They won't cancel a show for rain, but can't continue the show with lightning in the area. I still got to see an 1:45 hour show, just missed the final hour. It was funny to see everyone just hanging in the venue after the cancelation, waiting for the nasty storm to lessen a bit. Most of the parking is over a half mile away, so no one was in a hurry to get drenched.

It poured hard here yesterday and last night. The power flicked on and off a couple times and we had a twenty minute stretch where I figured that we were going to be out for the night. My wife has slept using a CPAP machine for a long time, and she was struggling trying to fall back asleep without it. Fortunately, things got rectified and we made it through the night as usual.

I can't believe my kids are done school today and tomorrow! It was literally snowing here the first week of April, and summer seemed so far away. Time certainly flies the older we get.

I plan on working out a bit, finishing a schedule and writing some performance reviews, as well as grocery shopping. Don't feel bad Glee, I am totally procrastinating behind the guise of reading SR.

Have a good day all!