View Single Post
Old 06-10-2018, 11:39 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
argillaceous

I'm chiming in for the 911 call, especially since you've had another memory loss episode. If that still doesn't seem to be an option for you, does your insurance company have a 24-hour nurse hotline? Many of them do. I just searched for "24-hour nurse hotline" and found at least six.

I also found an article from the Dr. Oz show that said that one hotline will answer questions even if you don't have insurance. (I'm not a big Dr. Oz fan but the article I've excerpted below seems to be an informative one):

How to Contact the 24-Hour Nurse Helpline
Posted 12/13/17

The Nurses On-Call helpline is a service available under most insurance plans, including Aetna, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Cigna, Novant Health, Remsa, and United. It is a health advice and physician referral service line provided by the HCA Midwest Health Research Medical Center and is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and 365 days a year. To access this service, dial (816) 276-6405. You can place a call for free and speak to a professional nurse about:

• Any symptoms you may have
• Local physical and hospital resources
• Medications and side effects
• Reliable self-care home treatments
• Self-help and support groups
• Wellness information
• When to go to your doctor

A nurse can help answer any questions you may have that can save you a trip to the doctor's office. He or she may also help you identify if you are experiencing an emergency and direct you to the emergency room closest to you.

For individuals without insurance or payment information, the HCA Midwest Health Research Medical Center will still answer your call. Nurses can only address callers from states in which they are licensed. If you call from a state that does not have a licensed nurse available, the medical center will connect you to another medical center that can address your call.
-----------------------------------------

I hope this helps. And please keep in touch and let us know how you're doing.