View Single Post
Old 06-10-2018, 04:59 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  
Sunflowerlife

Originally Posted by Liebe View Post
I know what its like not getting along with a husband. Can really throw my mood into a tailspin.
Good for you for sticking with your food goals- and avoiding temptation at the kids party.
Be good to yourself today- nothing wrong with self care ( resting, going to your meeting).
Lets all try to make it a good week!
It’s awful isn’t it? I want so badly to get to the point where I can just not react to him. Why is that so hard? Having said that, I used to be the same way with my oldest son and I am proud to say I totally helped him change his behavior around this evening. The serenity prayer actually saved me.

Before I began the tedious hour with him leading up to bedtime I did the serenity prayer in my closet. I said the following:

1) what can’t i change? I can’t change the way he is feeling right now or his actions
2) what courage do I need and what can I change? I can change my reactions to him
3) Do I know the difference? Yes.

He was totally out of sorts - almost out of control with his actions and words and he’s been in this mood all weekend. Well I don’t know how but he totally turned his mood around within five minutes of being around me. I often think he is reacting to the anger he gets from his dad who can’t tolerate him when he’s in these moods. They get into power struggles a lot as well.

Anyway just wanted to share that. I am going to use the prayer more often. It really helps!

Have a great week too Liebe!