View Single Post
Old 06-10-2018, 01:36 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  
PeacefulWater12

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
“Theatre Plays...” I LOVE this analogy and I’m going to remind myself of that phrase the next time I fantasize about food. It’s not real- it’s just a show- if anything it’s a preview to a show we already know the ending to. You are truly awesome for making it through all of that and not caving.

Do you mind sharing your gentle exercise? I am happy you have found something that is helping you.
Thank you, Sun Flower Life, I would be happy to share my gentle exercise.

As a little background, I was addicted to punishing harsh exercise some years ago. Really hammered my poor body and joints, as well as starving at the time. So the whole toxic regime was very self destructive.

My gentle, loving self care regime now is Pilates and Yoga classes at a fabulous mind, body and spirit style holistic gym near my home. Alongside body massages.

So kindness instead of punishment.

We know the ending of each relapse, don't we? Also the food, alcohol, additive behaviour etc is never as good as we tell ourselves it is going to be. As I understand it, it is when we make the decision to indulge that our brains release the feel good. The first bite onwards is all down hill.

I notice these days the worse after effect of a sugar binge is the dreadful thirst.