View Single Post
Old 06-10-2018, 11:30 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Katzen

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
I would definitely get checked out by your regular doctor as soon as possible.

Obviously we can't help much, but it seems like your cognition is good right now...I have no experience with nor have I heard of this type of episode that isn't directly drug or alcohol related.

Do you feel okay other than this memory lapse?

Other than the memory lapse I feel normal physically... I originally posted just after 7 am today and it was too early to phone anyone and I just felt like I had to “talk” to another human, so I came to the forums here because people here are so friendly and supportive and understand struggling with alcohol addiction. My husband and I aren’t on speaking terms anymore but I did try to tell him about it about an hour ago and he just said “you’re nuts and I don’t want to talk to you ever again”. That wasn’t a surprise, the last time I got drunk I think I must have confessed our relationship had turned to crap and I wanted out, so now we’re done. My family and friends don’t know about how I abused alcohol, and I’ve stayed sober over a month because I’m trying to be a good mommy to my 2 dogs, they love me unconditionally so I need to be sober and stay alive to care for them.

I certainly will be going to see a doctor on Monday, I’ve switched doctors because I hated the last one I had... I was open and honest about how I had abused alcohol in the past but was sober at least 6 months and was told the reason I felt crappy was of my past alcohol abuse. Doctor ordered blood tests, ultrasound, and CT scan I think she wanted proof it was my liver that was bad but all tests said it was just fine, then a few days later I spiked a fever and spent almost a month in the hospital with sepsis. Hoping whatever doctor I see tomorrow doesn’t dismiss my memory lapse as simply being past alcohol abuse.