View Single Post
Old 06-09-2018, 08:19 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
PuzzledHeart

What would be the benefit of calling him out on it? Aren't the huge changes he's made over the last year good enough?
No. If he's still lying, he's got a ways to go.

I can only speak for myself, but it wasn't my sister's pot smoking that destroyed our relationship. It was the lying, the refusal to take responsibility for her choices, and the abandonment of her children and my parents (they both fought cancer) that did it.

She has made a lot of progress on the surface (she has a job now so she isn't mooching off people as much) but it's going to take a hell of a lot more to earn back my trust.

I alluded to this metaphor in another post, and I'll bring it up again. It's like someone stabbed you in the heart. They can say they're sorry all they want, but all the sorrys in the world won't remove the wound.

If they say, "I'm sorry I stabbed you. You can stop hurting now" they're being totally unrealistic about how pain works.

If they say, "I'm sorry I stabbed you. You can stop hurting now" and they're holding a knife in their hands, what would you do?