View Single Post
Old 06-07-2018, 03:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Notsodrunk

60 days and counting

Damn if it hasn’t been 60 days without a drop! Made it to Florida and back , two bars and lots of water with lemon and it was all good. Mind over the sauce baby!

I also turn 30 in two weeks. This is the longest I’ve been sober my entire adult life. I feel pretty good. No real cravings lately. Actually the thought of a drink is kinna nasty. Weight loss kinna stopped so I started running this week. I’ve got 7 miles in this week and I’m off tomorrow so hopefully I’ll break 10. Man I gotta say life is pretty good. I didn’t win anything at the tournament. Actually , me and my buddy were having fun fishing and lost track of time and completely missed the weigh in. Life , right? I’ve slipped up on cigarettes and to be honest I get hungry a lot but I’ve been letting that all go. I’ll conquer the smoking ( start to ) tomorrow and I’ll continue eating as much as I want now that I’m running again. No real revelations though. Just a guy about to be in his 30s loving the living hell out of life. I do get kinna tired and my stomach hasn’t quite mellowed out. For now I’m chaulking it up to the 6 scoops of coffee for one cup every morning. If it continues I’ll drop the amount of scoops and then possibly get checked out. Anyway I wanted to check back in, you know , I always read people say “ if I can do it so can you “. Well trust me ......I drank my ass off , made bad choices , got in fights , drunk dialed people , spent waaaay too much money on drinks. If I can do it , anyone can. It took a 5 year old to really help me dig down deep and break free from this demon ( what it is ) and I’m glad I did. Anyway since today is technically the start of my weekend , I hope y’all have a good one!