View Single Post
Old 06-07-2018, 11:47 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
MLD51
Giving up is NOT an option.

I'm in.

Having a weird day, because I'm quitting smoking (again) and this is day 1. I hadn't decided today was the day until this morning, even though I have been saying for months that I'd quit "soon." I knew there'd come a day when it just hit me, and today was it. I'm going on vacation with my son next week to Washington, DC, so it's either really good timing because I'll be outside my normal routine, or really bad timing because it might be stressful at times. Not that spending time with my son is stressful, but just that it's a big city I haven't been to as an adult in charge of things. Hopefully by the time we leave Monday the worst of the craving is gone. I have tried to quit several times since I quit drinking - I find it much harder to quit smoking.

MB - I'm sorry to hear about this horrible work trip. I think when you go again, there should be ground rules about what you can reasonably be expected to do, if that's possible. It just sounds awful to be at the beck and call of what sounds like a spoiled rich girl. Yuck.