Old 06-07-2018, 11:40 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  
Chase01

Hi friends. Great posts to catch up on.

Scotty, that is a tough spot to be in as far as being an expert in the field. It is probably like a doctor who would like to treat their own child, but knows better. I hope you are getting adequate support for your son. Keep going, you are so strong.

Newchapter, the fact you could address the issues at 11 at night speaks volumes. I bet that would not have been the case, several months ago, when you were drinking. It might not be obvious to you, but I bet the quality of your work has increased since you are sober. Keep doing what you are doing. If you follow through with your plan, to step back from some of the many self imposed obligations things like this will probably happen even less, and be handled even faster. Give yourself a break, in this case and in general, you deserve it. Also, great job saying no to going out with the husband and drinking buddies. I think that shows a real shift in thinking.

Palmer, your dreams could be stress manifesting itself. I know when I am in periods of great stress I tend to have disconcerting dreams. It is so nice to hear that you are feeling pretty good. That provides some much needed hope.

Numblady, I agree with everyone else, your coworker is probably dealing with his own issues. Maybe by being the shining light that you are you planted the seed that he can change. It is amazing what leading by example can accomplish. Don't be fooled by those false feelings of 'I wasn't that bad.' We have all been down that road. Even at a mere 23 days I have had those feelings. Just because we haven't ended up in jail or on the street doesn't mean we didn't reach our personal rock bottom. Your experiences, struggles, and desire to change brought you here. Don't be fooled by any other lies. Also, you did the right thing by getting that guy help, a few days ago. If it was a typical hot June day, in Texas, you very well may have saved his life.

As for me, I am stressed over the dumbest thing. I am fighting with the powers that be in the neighboring state over a toll road billing issue. It is so dumb and I absolutely need to let it go. I felt like I was wronged, and maybe I was, but it does not matter. This is a great example of that poverty of the soul. First, I am trying to argue with a government entity, which is stupid and pointless. Second, and more importantly, we are talking about a meager $40. I have to choose to look at it in the context that I used to drink that much in a single day or two. Just talking about it here makes me feel better. Sometimes we just need to feel like anybody is listening. Enough of the pity party from me, I am off for a run.

Great to hear from everybody. Thanks for posting and thank you Dee for dropping by.