View Single Post
Old 06-07-2018, 07:49 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Lakegirl111

Originally Posted by Sasha1972 View Post
I think you do what you need to do, he does what he needs to do (or thinks he needs to do). I don't see a reason to share contingency plans with him, except for a basic statement of your boundaries (if you drink I will leave and take the kids - then follow through) - the details are not his issue. Similarly, the trust relationship between him and your parents is his issue, not yours. Tell them what they need to know and leave it at that. Don't hope or expect anything from your husband.

It sounds like this "contingency plan"is taking on a life of its own and becoming another arena for conflict and subterfuge. Can you "drop the rope" on this one, and keep it as simple as possible? It seems like you are over-analyzing, over-anticipating and over-negotiating with your husband around him not drinking.
Hmmm...I assure you that I am not confusing his relationship with my parents as my issue. Just that it would be great if this could go the way of him stepping up to the plate and owning it by telling my parents himself. I'm prepared if that doesn't happen. Just because that's the way it should happen, certainly doesn't mean it will. I get it!

Like you said, I'm basically dropping it at this point. Keepin it simple.
I have made all preparations should I need my plan. I was extremely thorough. I will likely be talking to my parents tomorrow.