View Single Post
Old 06-07-2018, 03:04 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  
Sunflowerlife

Day 4

Feels like a while since I've had 3 good days in a row but I'm going to keep riding this wave as long as I can. I think something is changing inside of me. It really took me a couple weeks after admitting I am powerless over sugar and flour to commit to abstinence. But I made some baby steps last yesterday-

I was throwing away a snack package that I found in the stroller from the other day that had 1 fruit gummy left in it. This is going to sound ridiculous but normally I would have popped it in my mouth. I looked at it, said, "I'm not going to do it" and threw it in the trash.

Same with the knife after I make my son's PB&J sandwich- I usually lick the knife (and love every second of it) but I did not yesterday. I ran it under the sink and put it in the dishwasher. Sounds like small things but these are the mindless, unnecessary tastes of sugar my body just does not need.

I commit to 24 hours of abstinence from sugar and flour today. Woke up a little late so I'm trying to get my butt of this chair so I can get ready for the gym. Painting the ceiling today in the living room and I'm not looking forward to it at all!

You guys have all my love and support...