View Single Post
Old 06-06-2018, 11:40 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Choppo

Thankyou all so much! ��❤️

Originally Posted by lessgravity View Post
Welcome Chop. Lots of support and wisdom here. So what's your plan to get and stay sober?
Simple answer to a very complex thought process over the past week is - to follow the AA 12 Steps, diligently, with complete understanding of each step and act humble * I’ve just been to my 6th meeting and plan to go back tomorrow. Ramp it up to 2 per day once I can get my routine set with kids etc. For the record I started this journey 11 or so days ago after a 4 day bender, i’m a complete atheist/agnostic or whatever you want to call it. I still have no time for organised Religion �� AA is so completely not about Religion, it gets a really, really bad wrap.

The only requirement to join AA is ‘a desire to stop drinking alcohol’. That’s it, end of story.

*this is ****** weird.... i had just typed out a 30min blurb about ME and MY journey on my iPad. The iPad, randomly turned off. It never does that.....‘Everything happens for a reason’ - my Higher Power just told me to stop bragging and playing God, and to be humble.

Last edited by Dee74; 06-08-2018 at 12:12 AM.