View Single Post
Old 06-06-2018, 07:54 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Bobbieka

Thanks for all the love yesterday, guys! I really appreciate all of it.

At my meeting last night I got my 2 year coin and I shared.
I shared about the beginning. I wasn't ready to quit drinking but I went to the meetings because my family pretty much made me. I was completely and utterly out of control and making them miserable and scared. So, I kept going, with protests that I wasn't like those people and that I am strong and can do this on my own. I thought the meetings sucked. But I kept going. Then, one day, I realized I hadn't had a drink in a week. Then it was two. Then, suddenly, I'm all in and doing this stuff. I'm just trying to say (and maybe not that well) keep trying. You don't know what's going to stick for you. But if you keep trying, I'm pretty certain something will.

So, yesterday I received flowers from my grand daughter and her mom. Phone calls from my children and someone here at work made me cupcakes. I got my coin and a plant from my sponsor. I mean, I am seriously overwhelmed with gratitude right now.

When people ask me how I did it - I always start with this place. Because that is what got me to the place I was ready to hear the solutions. So truly, thanks for always being here. For listening to my problems, for cheering me on and for being my friends.

Okay, enough sappiness. Have a great day everyone!