View Single Post
Old 06-06-2018, 02:59 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
AAPJ

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
I There is a scientific correlation between alcohol and sugar/carb addiction. Same brain, same problem.
You got that right. This is a great thread. Thanks for starting it. My wife and I are part of the low carb keto team but we are not vegetarians. We don't eat breakfast any more and only eat in a 6-8 hour time window most days.

Here are a few thoughts for those of you who are reading this thread but have little interest in going to a no sugar no flour diet.

First in my view eating disorders are significantly more difficult to deal with because while one can completely quit consuming alcohol and drugs one must continue to eat.

There is more than one line of thinking when it comes to diets. You have folks who think low fat and lots of whole grains are the answer and another camp that likes fats but completely shuns carbs. However, both camps agree that refined sugars and white flour are poor diet choices. So if you are at an AA celebration meeting and the piles of cookies and cake are offered to you just say NO.

Finally, please read the labels on food products when you shop at the store. Be particularly careful when buying products that are labeled "low fat". In many cases low fat products actually have more added sugar than the regular version of the product. That's because the food companies know that humans have a natural liking for both sugars and fats. So if they take the fat out they need to replace it with sugar so you keep buying the product. They do not care about your health. All they want to do is sell as much of their product as possible.

OK apologies for the interruption. I will get off my soapbox and shut up. Back to your regularly scheduled program.