Old 06-05-2018, 07:49 PM
  # 242 (permalink)  
Numblady

Hey guys!

Scotty, so good to see you pass through and thanks for letting us know what is going on with you. I don’t know if this is any consolation at all about the school trying to put you in that position but I am a complete dumb a&& when it comes to everything educational and special needs and the school STILL would ask me for ideas on what to do. From preschool through the present day. And I always think, “well if I knew what worked I would do it!”

Palmer, agree with you on some of the original members. Sending lots of love their way and always hoping they come back.

NC, we know you’ll catch up when you can! Same to you Chase! Understand y’all are busy and as Chase says the day gets away.

That’s how I feel. It’s almost ten o’clock and not much to show for it on my part! I feel like the whole world has been expressing disbelief that I’m not drinking lately. I even had a long conversation with a random guy at work where I basically just said I stopped because I loved it too much and was drinking too much every night and couldn’t moderate. He was grilling me on what I would do on our beach trip, which really struck a nerve, because I too wonder this. And I just told him I am going to go to the freaking candy shop and get ice cream and treats every single damn day. I’m feeling disconnected from some of my earlier feelings of resolve. But I’m just not going to drink. It’s that simple. Going to keep getting on here. I keep having stupid thoughts of it not having been so bad. Which is true. It wasn’t as bad as other people but it was on a terrible trajectory that goes only one way. I am not struggling with day to day urge to drink but feeling a little overwhelmed again by forever. Got to keep looking it as freedom not a punishment. It is so much more liberating to NOT be focused on where I’m going to get my booze and if there will be enough of it and why won’t other people drink like I do with me etc. etc. I just figured better to be honest about the feelings than to hide them.

Primary feeling at this moment is: ready for sleep! I get the bed to myself tonight and I’m super excited about that. My parents are gone. Things are back to “normal.” Such as that is.

Hugs!