View Single Post
Old 06-03-2018, 11:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
bronzie

Best weekend I’ve had in a while

I made a goal to not drink all weekend and I succeeded! I’ve had long periods of sobriety before and I want this one to last! I cannot handle relapses anymore. Even in the warmer weather, I didn’t sweat as much as usual. Not feeling anxious at all about it being Sunday night.... the weekend actually seemed longer. I’m almost positive my forehead sweating is related to binge drinking. The weekend was busy, but also very enjoyable. Attended a talent show for some of my students on Fri night, took daughter to her friends bday party on Saturday, and then we enjoyed a movie in the park Sat evening, and spent today (Sun) at home with family, cleaning and doing laundry. I feel productive and proud of myself for making it thru, even though my AV tried to win. I did not let it! I thought of having just 1-2 glasses of wine before the party to ease my anxiety.....didn’t even need it. There was beer in the cooler at the party, it definitely crossed my mind, but I grabbed a water and kept going. This morning, waking still a bit tired, I contemplated a drink to give me a little energy boost, but I know how that would have turned out....a wasted day of getting nothing accomplished and feeling awful in the morning.
Hadn’t posted in a little while, but wanted to update and actually have something great to share. Ready to face the week ahead more than ever!