View Single Post
Old 06-03-2018, 07:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sunflowerlife

Food Addiction- 24 Hour Thread/Support

I have come to finally accept that I am powerless over sugar/flour products and that the only way to overcome my food addiction is to abstain from these products 100%. This realization came to me a year after my sobriety date, and after listening to several podcasts including "Brain Over Binge" and one about food addiction on the "Fast Keto" podcast.

link:
Episode 14 of Fast Keto: Out of Control Sugar Addiction & The Ketogenic Diet

I have been doing vegetarian keto for almost a year and a half now and it helps a lot but I went from rarely binging to binging 1-3 times a week over the winter. When I am eating low carb/high fat I feel amazing. My mood is stable, my energy levels stable and I am able in general a happy person. Once I start binging it all goes downhill- my mood suffers (I get angry, irritable and want to isolate), I feel physically ill and I can't connect spiritually to Source which is also very important to me right not as I am on a path of enlightenment.

I want to use this thread as much as I need and am hoping that others who also have a food addiction will find some benefit in also using it.

I have a little over a day right now so my cravings are super strong and super real.

Still, I commit to the next hour of no sugar/flour. If I abstain from these foods I will also be abstaining from overeating as I do not eat compulsively with other foods.

Please join me on our journey to finally release our food addictions.

I will post again in an hour or two- just made a fatty protein shake- vegan protein powder, coconut milk, frozen acai, hemp and chia seed. Delicious, cold and filling...