View Single Post
Old 06-02-2018, 08:33 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
teatreeoil007

Okay; I don't struggle with anxiety very often, but my spouse does. He won't take meds...which is good, I guess, but it's hard to live with him sometimes when I just feel like relaxing and he's keyed up. So, what does he do? He exercises INTENSELY and he stays busy with projects and stuff he likes to do...I have found that he is easier to live with when he stays busy. Ironically, even though he is the more anxious of the two of us, he falls asleep much faster than me and doesn't hardly ever have insomnia. When I feel stressed to the max and just want to "chill" I turn to music, exercise, reading, crafts, etc. Depending on our personalities...we all have different methods of coping. I like to get into a good book that has a twisting plot...it's perhaps another way of redirecting the brain...so, in this thing called life...COPING strategies are going to vary...I find one way to help an anxious person is to try and REDIRECT their thoughts...getting them thinking about something besides whatever it is that is making them anxious. Redirect.