View Single Post
Old 06-02-2018, 06:50 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Ken33xx

Originally Posted by BDTL View Post
Ok folks I had a chat with my potential sponsor today after our Saturday morning AA meeting. I told him what I expected of a sponsor and then he had a list of things that he expected me to comply with. I ask him if he had sponsored someone before me as he is 3 1/2 years into sobriety. He said yes however out of 30 people only one made it to 12 steps. Most of them quit or stopped coming very early in the steps. He said one almost made it to the 12th and then there was this one person who stuck it out. Now this has me thinking that he is either hard to get along with during the process or he drives his people too hard and expects more than they can give. He was talking about some of the steps there will be some meetings that last up to 3 hours? You folks who have gone through the steps is this legit and why would it take so long to talk about a step? I like the young man a lot however I am suppose to think & pray about it and let him know tomorrow if I decide to commit to him. Thoughts?

Sponsorship is an individual experience. What works for some may not work with others.

Based on what you wrote I would pass. I don't respond well to such people in or out of AA but that's me.

I'm sure for others he would make a great sponsor.