View Single Post
Old 06-02-2018, 03:00 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Indigochild

An update for anyone reading and wondering what happened here. 2 and a half years later and yes things have seriously escalated. When I used to read about the progression of this habit I thought it was a quick progression. Well I don't think it was, it's taken well over two years for him to get to a clearly desperate and seriously mentally absent point in my opinion.
Its clear to see now and I have distanced myself from him. Luckily I can spot his Manipulation tactics from a mile off. I guess in the past he didn't need to manipulate me much as his job paid for his habit, now he can't earn enough to cover his smoking.
Its a shame. I really, really feel for people who have family members with addictions, if this was one of my son's, the devastation would be heart breaking. He's not my son though and I know it's never been love between us, just fake, that makes it a lot easier to cut losses and move on.
I guess it's one of those things that you have to go through really, you can read and read and read but nothing shows you how it is or makes you understand like experiencing it first hand. Its a life lesson I guess.

As I read plenty of times, love can't save an addict and nothing means more than their drug. The **** WILL hit the fan. Sooner or later.

Peace out, IC.