View Single Post
Old 05-31-2018, 07:44 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
lrish

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Irish, you're doing great.

Other people are annoying sometimes, for sure. Why can't they just act the way I think they should act?

Can you get outside and take a walk? That always resets me and connects me with the bigger picture. Nature has a way of healing, and walking is meditative for me. Regulates my breathing, slows down my overly busy brain.

This PhD will give you so many options. Congrats on all your hard work coming to fruition.
Thanks, today we all sent emails to the head of his department. I don’t expect anyone to act how I think they should, but getting drunk and sleeping on the floor of our communal office every night has an incredibly negative impact not just on me but on all my colleagues, it IS a work office after all. He can be quite aggressive especially when you wake him in the mornings when you come in to work!

In short this is unacceptable behaviour that no one should have to put up with, especially when handling sobriety and trying to work in the same office he sleeps in (and washes his clothes in the sink).

I feel a little better now that we are channeling our frustrations - I will try my best to remember to breathe his weekend as I have nowhere else to work This is hard