View Single Post
Old 05-29-2018, 01:19 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  
Snufkin

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
I had quite a wonderful experience this morning I just wanted to share with you all. Wonderful tinged with sadness. I know I'm odd but humour me.....
For the first time in many years I actually had a warm loving conversation with a real life person. A person who loves me more than I ever really knew. I talked about my alcoholism, you guys, life and just about everything. We shared things and it was wonderful. It was with my ex mother-in-law. She is such a lovely person and I am truly grateful to have her in my life. When I spoke about recent events and how low I've been she just cried and said "I want you to know I'd be there like a shot if you called me. Please call me next time you are struggling".
This is my ex husbands mother!
I was within a whisker of losing my daughters to his family. So close it sickens me to remember those bad days. Yet this person who has no obligation to befriend me at all loves me as if I were her own. The sadness comes as I could no way speak to my own mother like that. No way.
Isn't life a strange old thing sometimes?
What a beautiful story Jo, thank you for sharing this! I know how difficult it is to open up, so to have a person like that must feel very special.