View Single Post
Old 05-29-2018, 07:16 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  
Sunflowerlife

Originally Posted by julietUK View Post
Hi everyone. Haven't posted in a while (apart from check in) but always read them all. Well done snufkin, so glad you and bf sorted Jo. Neo, you and your girl are a treat for the eyes. What a lovely pic, I wish you all the happiness.

Glad you are still with us Gabe, I know what you mean about impossible targets and the devil word 'should'. Looking back I think that has caused me to relapse on many occasion. I used to think 'if I didn't drink I would do blah blah blah, then I stopped drinking and didn't do half of it, so may as well drink ......

This time I tried to set myself realistic targets, small daily jobs, which most of the time I do. But I still suffer from the self loathing and self criticising. I know romance is in the air on this thread today but sadly I left my husband at Christmas. I had to for my sobriety and my sanity. But the relationship has left me in a bad way self esteem wise. I can't believe what I tolerated from him. I am trying to move on but it is hard. So many regrets. And sitting here beating myself up for just about everything does not help. I too need to lose weight, have gained a lot since I stopped drinking, and left the marriage, lots of comfort eating going on.

Sorry for the moan, just having a bad day. I am so glad to be sober and clean but I do have trouble forgetting the past. I think I will be single for the rest of my days, can't trust anyone, least of all myself.
Thanks for listening.
Kenton, so happy to finally see your dog, I feel I know him, bless. I left mine with my husband and I miss her terribly.
Give yourself some time to heal from it all- 5 months is not a long time at all- it took me a year and a half to forgive my husband for the things that he did and I imagine that timing will be different for all of us. you will regain your self esteem and your ability to love and trust another man down the road, if that is what you truly want. No need to rush any of it. Just take it one day at a time, like your sobriety.

Are you open to seeing a counselor to help you process all of this? Sending you lots of hugs and love...