View Single Post
Old 05-28-2018, 02:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Amusic

Confused after talking with boyfriend

Today was the day I was supposed to remove all my boyfriends belongings from the house and put them into storage. He is an alcoholic. We had just gone 2weeks w/out speaking because of his late nights out and coming home drunk. Also there have been public displays of disrespect on his part when he got drunk and told me to "get lost" in front of a group of our friends at a friends bday party. Today the fight escalated when he realized I was recording our argument with my phone he took my phone and it was a standoff for about an hour until he decided to leave the house and gave me back my phone. About 20 min after he left he sent me a text saying "I'm not going Into work today , I'm coming home to talk to you and hopefully fix things. You are the most important person in my life I love you ".... etc. he came back and I pretty much was the moderator calmly talking about all the events and pain I can no longer take. I asked him what he thinks the solution should be. He replied "I'll be better I won't drink so much I understand ". Okay I've heard this a trillion times. So I obviously I don't believe him. I told him he don't believe him, especially since we just had this same talk a few days ago, he said the same thing, then just this past Saturday he came home drunk. So I told him ideally I would like to remove myself from this situation since it has been impossible to build a proper relationship because of it. Prior to this I asked him if he would go 30 days without drinking. He said he would go 2 weeks because his band has a show and he likes to drink when he plays. I had to laugh at that excuse. He also said "everyone enjoys drinking he does not want to quit completely ". This is coming from a man who was addicted to heroin for 7years (before we met). He has kicked that habit, but Has replaced it with drinking. He admits he doesn't have self control and takes drinking too far. But I'm getting Tired of waiting and hoping for him to take the necessary action for him to curb his addiction. He also thinks AA is a joke , I've taken him to one meeting...no luck. He's 42 And I'm watching him drink his life away and act like a teenager with no compassion for the people who love him. Should I take him seriously and hold him responsible for him saying he will go 2 weeks without drinking?