View Single Post
Old 10-23-2005, 09:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Cazman

A Friend Who Needs Me

Hey all,

I am so relieved to have gotten to a meeting. It was hard to walk in the door though, so much at stake. I was humbled by them all. I really missed it. Good to not be forgotten.
I want to share a situation that happened after my meeting. I got home and had a E-mail from the mother of a friend of mine. I have spoken to her several times within the last 3 months since her daughter and her boyfriend admitted to being addicted to herion. She heard that I was in NA and has asked advice and things to look for and so on. I openly admitted that opiates were not my drug of choice and gave her a friends #. She called him but did not feel comfortable and has since continued the Emails to me. We have actually become friends and i try to be as helpful as I can while maintaining a friendship with her daughter. Well she just told me that the whole time they claimed to be clean was not true. I too was under the impression that they were clean. This is not about judgement but more of how to help both. Her mother wants to help and I believe shes sincere. But now her daughter, my friend is not sure where my loyality lies. I have been very careful to not cross the confidentality line. I try my best to give generic advice and situational examples to her mom. I really want to help her get clean and at the same time want to help her mom understand a little better of what addiction can do to a person. I know im just a few days clean but this seems to give me strength and I feel like im helping a fellow addict in need. I am not playing doctor, just trying to be a friend whos been there. All I want is to help her and him and me for that matter, stay clean. I am confused on how to proceed. I have gotten some advice from some other fellow addicts, but really want to hear from you all. I have not Emailed back yet. I guess I dont want to do something to hurt there family. I would love some advice on this. -signed -A hopeful addict