View Single Post
Old 05-28-2018, 12:41 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
MC555

Originally Posted by lafoie View Post
Yeah, thanks. In fact, I have just done some additional reading, and, while somewhat atypical, my pain could just as well be the damn sciatica, even though my therapist didn't identify it yet. It has just been two maddening months, so I still swing back and forth between different concerns. I apologize for the confusion, but if anything, this post documents the various symptoms and complications that can occur. I will post back when I get a clearer picture of this.

Specific descriptions of neuropathic symptoms and development are still welcome!
Hi lafoie,

Any new updates on your situation? I have almost identical symptoms with pain in the legs, primarily behind the knee. It can also move to the shins, ankles and upper leg. I also have some tingling on both feet which can turn into a cold or hot/burning feeling. Been to a neurologist who does not think it is neuropathy, although I am convinced it is. I’m going back soon for more tests (a full spine MRI and hopefully a test to check small nerve fiber damage).

My background: I have been a heavy daily drinker for about 12 years and quit about 8 weeks ago when I started getting symptoms. They went away for a month while I was sober and returned a few days after I relapsed and went on a binge. Been sober again almost 2 weeks and symptoms have by subsided.

I hope your situation has improved and would love to hear any progress!