View Single Post
Old 05-28-2018, 04:50 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  
joandmelandhan

Originally Posted by soberista View Post
Hello all you sober lovelies. Im checking in for another 24. Feeling a bit strange at the moment and wondered if any long term sober peeps have had this or recognise from other posts. So I am heading into around 21 ish weeks sober. Nearly 6 months hey! Pretty darn fanbloodytastic...this week though, maybe last two days, had a great desire to get *********. Just really would like to somehow off centre my thinking and be under an influence of something. Im not going to as I value this sobriety greatly but I am mindful of how things jog along on the path of sobriety. Has anyone else had this? Im ok in myself, not depressed or down and life is good. I am thoroughly enjoying getting up hangover free and do not intend to sacrifice any of this hard work I have put in. Just aware of it......Love to all Xx
We are all indeed one "eff it" moment away from being back in that dreaded placesoberista. It kind of took me months to realise that to a greater or lesser extent I will carry this thing for the rest of my life. I'm an alcoholic. The further away I get from active addiction the better but we aren't ever "cured". The damned beast lies in various states just waiting.

Check your HALTs and keep doing as you are doing. Sometimes if I feel vulnerable I stick on a documentary on advanced alcoholism. Never hurts to have a stark reminder of the alternative...….

Take care xxxx