Old 05-27-2018, 09:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I just want to sell and not be tied to him financially any longer.
Totally agree with this. Untangle yourself from him financially. He cannot be depended on. The longer your finances are joined with his, the worse it will get. Odds are, if you agreed to his plan, he would not make the mortgage payments.

Pursue your rights to the equity in your assets, if there is any. Pursue your rights to support from him but don't count on it. Assume you will get no help at all from him - no money, no emotional support, no help with your child. He may, some day, step up and be helpful but don't wait for that day.

I'm so sorry, I know you have many difficult issues to deal with but you're on the right track in getting out from under the same roof and getting a job. Thank God your family is supportive. Keep going in your career. Your income will increase and your expenses and life should stabilize as you get further out from him.

You did the absolute right thing in getting yourself and your baby away from an active meth addict. You deserve a lot of credit for that. God bless and I hope one day you'll be back with an update that life is much better.