View Single Post
Old 05-25-2018, 11:11 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
MantaLady
Ocean Lover!

Originally Posted by calmself View Post
I have realized

1. No amount of alcohol will satisfy me.
2. The pleasantness of alcohol is only in the first drink but that is the bait/trap
3. The first drink brings additional anxiety than before after it wears off and hence the other drinks have to follow
4. Life is too good without alcohol. I do not need alcohol to relax, have a good time, socialize.
5. The bad in me comes out during drinking - this can never be good for me or for anyone around me.
6. It spoils my mood, my appearance, my bank balance, my reputation and most of all my integrity and self image
7. Alcohol saps me of my energy and time. I feel tired all the time when I drink, except during the first 1 hour or so. This is not worth it.
8. I realized all the movies I saw with alcohol were boring and unintelligent. Even good ones..Why? Because, I was dull and stupid not to appreciate good things in life when drinking
9. My body and mind heat up rapidly few hours after drinking leading to confusion, severe anxiety, self loathing, guilt and loss of confidence
10. I had to take sleeping pills to sleep after heavy drinking. Deadly combo
11. It put me into dangerous situations - driving on two lines, fearing a cop will come behind me with lights and arrest me
12. Alcohol will take me to that dangerous place slowly and get rid of me. AV is behind me all the time - he sneaks on me, slides under me, pretends he is supporting me, but I now know his real nature.
13. Do not get cheated - life is extremely happy without alcohol. You are much stronger, you can emerge free, happy, hopeful, successful, peaceful, loving, intelligent, creative without alcohol.

Thank you for reading!
Maybe read back the post you made a few days ago might help?