View Single Post
Old 05-22-2018, 12:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
RDBplus3

I am a 31 year old man who lives among a family and a group of friends who are all capable of socially responsible drinking.

Recognizing that I AM different from other people that do NOT have the CONDITION I have regarding how Alcohol affects me when I drink...
Is THE most important factor in me KNOWING I can't drink without playing RUSSIAN ROULETTE with my life.

In the AA Big Book, Bill Wilson learned this from Dr Silkworth. At that time, he was also going thru a Spiritual Transformation thru his involvement with the Oxford Groups of that time. When he met Dr Bob... Dr Bob was involved with the Oxford Groups in a different area, but it wasn't until Bill Wilson explained what he had learned from Dr Silkworth, that Dr Bob came to the understanding that HE had a CONDITION that manifested the effect of Alcohol in him differently than in people that could drink 'safely', and that HE could NOT drink 'safely', even though it 'seemed' natural to him that since he had gotten sober, he 'should' be ok if he 'just had a couple drinks".