View Single Post
Old 05-22-2018, 11:43 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
AutumnMama

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
I wish if things were going to implode, that it would just hurry up and happen already so I could move along.

you have permission to move along at ANY time. you do not need BAD things to happen....or should i say BADDER.....the longer we stay in untenable situations, the fewer options we have at our disposal to leave. we can wait TOO long.....
Yeah I understand! Our son and I are currently living apart from him, with no plans to move back in with him. We are going to list the house to sell soon, and I am planning on going my separate way with half of whatever money we make on it. So I'm on a trajectory away from him, and I'm slowly detaching. I guess I just want him to implode so I can stop waiting for it to happen.

But I guess that until he is in a real recovery program, there is always going to be the threat of some trainwreck with him looming in the future.

Ugh I just realized that while typing it out! There is so much new (codependency) stuff coming at me lately that it's hard to keep everything in focus at one time. I'm currently transitioning between two different therapists (transitioning from going to the same one as he is going to, to a new one), reading here, listening to podcasts, etc. It's great but also a little overwhelming at times. Like drinking through a fire-hose at times!