View Single Post
Old 05-22-2018, 09:47 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
atalose

Reminds me of my ex who planned how to scam the doctors in order to obtain pills he didn’t need.

I’m sure he knew ahead of time the questions that would be asked and how to answer them so that he walked out of the doctor’s appointment with what he actually went in there for. Then he throws in the fact he's seeing a therapist who suggested it, and BAM he hits the addict lottery!

Adderall is abused all the time, it’s like speed…………lots of highs and lots of lows.

I'm assuming he started taking adderall because work was one of his main stressors and it was a way for him to have control over it. Over his productivity, confidence, etc. After he felt like he had a handle on work, he turned his "stressor focus" from work onto me. Now that he's living alone I have no idea where his blame-shifting is going to end up. I just pray it is never our son.
Try not to make excuses for why he’s doing what he’s doing………….he’s doing what he’s doing because he’s an addict, period. Addicts blame, addicts accuse everyone for everything but don’t ever include themselves in those calculations.

I agree, why do you have to wait for things to implode? Why can’t you just get out of the way now before the car crashes? Why do you feel you need to be part of it?