View Single Post
Old 05-22-2018, 06:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
newguygabe11

Unhappy New Here and On Day 2... Again

Hello,

I'm new to this forum and hope this post is ok.

I am a 31 year old man who lives among a family and a group of friends who are all capable of socially responsible drinking. I just wish I was. This past weekend, I started drinking I think on Friday and met my friend at the bar Saturday evening before I was going to stop drinking so that I could attend my younger brother's piano recital on Sunday.

Sunday morning arrives and rather than attend Church as I had planned with my mother before heading out for the day and going to the recital in the afternoon, I cancelled because I wasn't feeling well and decided to finish the bottle of whiskey and 6 pk of beer I bought Friday evening.

When it came time for the recital which was 2 cities away, I knew that I was so gone that it would not be safe to drive so I sent the traditional "I'm sick" text that I have used a handful of times to neglect my responsibilities.

I'm so tired of missing out on important moments in my friends' and families' lives. In the past, I've been able to be sober for a couple of months on willpower alone but, that being said, I'm here.

I hope to find something that had been missing in my journey to quit before. I'm not quite sure what yet but a good community of people who understand seems like a great start.

Thank you and I wish you the best today.