View Single Post
Old 05-21-2018, 12:10 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
AutumnMama

Originally Posted by atalose View Post
I hope he wasn’t watching your son while you were away.

He doesn’t sound at all like he’s in any kind of recovery. Is it the therapist who is prescribing him the drugs?
He was! It was 2 nights and I was pretty anxious about it, but I facetimed him and had his mother checking in on him as well. I guess it all went okay...

The therapist is a psychologist so no... from what I have gathered, RAH was describing some things to therapist, who said something like "that sounds like it could be ADD..." and then RAH went to a family practice doctor, took that survey they give you, and got the prescription. (I've looked at the questionnaire and cant imagine him answering yes to more than maybe 2 of them, hah...) Therapist told me that he didn't suggest that RAH go on medication at all.

I'm assuming he started taking adderall because work was one of his main stressors and it was a way for him to have control over it. Over his productivity, confidence, etc. After he felt like he had a handle on work, he turned his "stressor focus" from work onto me. Now that he's living alone I have no idea where his blame-shifting is going to end up. I just pray it is never our son.