View Single Post
Old 05-19-2018, 04:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
LoveHateWhine

Winter, I'm so sorry you had to go through that. I had nearly the exact same thing happen to me except I was on my way home from a charity event, was approaching a stop sign and "tapped" the car in front of me. The woman claimed she had whiplash, etc and couldn't work.

I strongly suggest you get an attorney to guide you through the process. It will be well worth the money. Sometimes they can have things adjusted a bit. I know a woman who got her DUI reduced to "reckless driving". I ended up pleading guilty for reasons I won't go into here, but I did talk over several options with my attorney.

Also, do you have car insurance? If so, your insurance will take care of his medical bills if you have that particular coverage. The woman I "hit" drug it out for years, didn't work, etc. and the insurance company finally settled with her.

You will get through it. It may not seem like it right now, but you will. Please hire an attorney!

You can always come here to vent, it helps and good luck on your journey to sobriety.

LHW