View Single Post
Old 05-19-2018, 12:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Looking4Clues

Originally Posted by honeypig View Post
Check out the article at this link: You Think That You Are So Special... Heartless Bitches International

This reading is also posted up in the stickies, but I thought it deserved to come out into the spotlight for a bit, as it seems we have a lot of newer members who are wondering "why does he do this, how can he treat me this way?" The article above, while it IS a lengthy read, might be helpful. And the name of the website might give you a good laugh, too!

If you have some extra time, it's worth reading around that site, in my opinion. I know I certainly thought that if only the alcohol was taken out of the equation, everything would be unicorns and rainbows between XAH and me. In time, I learned that a saying I'd seen on the forums here was oh so true: "What do you get if you sober up a drunken horse thief? A sober horse thief."

Alcohol has to be taken out of the picture first, this is true. But it's only the very beginning of true recovery, and it's important to remember that.
Oh. My. God. Thank you for posting this, Honeypig! This is just what I needed to read today to snap myself out of missing my A. We are supposed to meet in the next few days to talk, and I had been having doubts (missing the "good times" and wondering if maybe I'm cutting the cord too quickly ...)