Thread: Surgery done
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2018, 02:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Rar

Surgery done

I returned from surgery around noon. I had to stay in the recovery room for over an hour because my blood pressure and oxygen levels were too low. But once I returned to my section, it wasn't too long after that I got to go home.

I was in quite a bit of pain and while in the recovery room, received an injection of Fentanyl. I've never had that drug for pain, though I have had morphine. I googled it a while ago and learned it is 50-100 times stronger than morphine or heroin. It takes about 5 minutes to become effective and the pain relief usually doesn't exceed 2 hours. Doesn't seem a very practical drug for managing pain. So, I learned something about Fentanyl today. When I got back to my room, they gave me a Percocet.

My doctor said surgery went well, at least that's what he told my husband. I have to have my bandages changed next week, so hopefully I can get more information. I'm still quite fuzzy headed, so hoping this makes sense.

I've been keeping my foot up and have instructions to walk only to the bathroom and to the kitchen and to try to do so as little as possible. I have a walking boot, which thankfully isn't as ugly as I feared. I have to sleep with the boot on for a week or two.

I's SO GLAD this is over . Thanks Everyone for asking and caring. It means the world to me. I don't feel as scared and alone with my SR family.