View Single Post
Old 05-17-2018, 02:43 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
August252015

Originally Posted by timm84 View Post
Oh man that's so great to hear someone else has experienced this stuff during recovery. Do you recall about how long did it take before they went away?

I haven't had any tarry stools, just a bit of diarrhea after i eat something greasy i find. My stomach is definitely much more sensitive now in general, though.
glad you are here and shared.

IME, significant PAWS (do you know about it? 51 days is not very long in the spectrum of a decades long drinking career - see www.digitaldharma.net and click on the PAWS tab) was my reality for a LONG time. Pretty much all the symptoms you describe and more (though my danger area was liver, not pancreas). Another good book - though from an AA-approved publisher, but it is not about AA really- is Living Sober, which outlines the common experiences of the first year of sobriety.

It was a little frustrating when folks told me "time takes time" but it is sure true, IME and IMO. I have a good team of drs- with whom I am honest, not saying you aren't- and I'vs also observed that everyone's experience is different and in a lot of ways my physical one is extreme.

The only solution I found (find) is to keep sober. When I started that (and continue- I am 27 mo now) we were able to see what my real problems were (medically speaking here) and treat them without the conflating of symptoms.

Best to you.