View Single Post
Old 05-16-2018, 10:05 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Broken3481

Originally Posted by Looking4Clues View Post
Hi Broken,

I’m in the process of ending a relationship with a closeted high functioning A as well. Mine always tried to get me to drink with him too even though I’ve never been much of a drinker. I think it helps them to feel better about their habits if they can get others to join them. Over the course of our relationship, I saw him go from sweet, loving, and committed to selfish, irritable, and unreliable. The final straw was when he freaked out a few Saturdays ago and cancelled our plans together because he just “had to do his own thing” (translation: “Go drink what I want and as much as I want with my guy friends without you around to judge.”) When I questioned his logic, he said that he loves me but is tired of me always wanting to do things and spend time together while he’d rather do his “own thing.” (This guy is 39 btw). Basically, he loves and values himself, his fun and his booze more than me or our relationship. OUCH.

So I can relate to the feeling of wanting someone to “come back,” but is it the man he REALLY is that you miss or just the polished version of him that he presented in the beginning? Because like someone above said, any guy who breaks up with his girlfriend because he’d rather get smashed with his buddies is not someone capable of having a mature, healthy relationship in the first place.
The last week of our relationship I got the excuse of him needed "me time" and then he disappeared for
Two days after not seeing me all week which never happened before I questioned if our relationship was OK and he responded with "I'm just doing things around the house I don't get to do when ur always here". Im Assuming that meant drink all day with his buddies. He's never told me that before. I'm so confused on why he left

Last edited by Broken3481; 05-16-2018 at 10:07 AM. Reason: Typos