View Single Post
Old 10-22-2005, 04:41 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
prodigal

Believing one's own lies IS a symptom of an A's "insanity"

Hon, I've heard more b.s. and crazy crap come out of my AH's lips than I can count. I, too, once said "NO F******G WAY!" I was hurt, astounded, and freaked out by the stuff he would say and actually believe! I began to wonder which one of us was crazier - the addict or the codie!

He claims he "forgot" our third wedding anniversary, he claims I opened and drank a bottle of rather expensive Chardonnay (I wasn't even in the house when he downed the bottle!), and worst of all he used a lot of well-meaning people (including me) when he went into detox back in March. Saved his ass at his job, but as soon as he got a transfer to another state (and knew he was safe from his previous boss firing him) he went on a tremendous bender and has been drunk on a regular basis ever since!

The saddest thing about all this is, I got to see him sober for forty days. He had a lot of emotional problems, but it was the first time he looked healthy and was reaching out for help. All bogus in the end. It's amazing the lengths an addict will go to in order to protect his or her addiction.