Old 05-14-2018, 07:34 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  
NewChapterJan18

Hi Class,

Sorry I didn't post yesterday, I spent most of the day sleeping, eating and/or watching Netflix as we didn't get home until 6.30am yesterday morning from our date night. I still don't know how I managed to stay up that long, but my husband enjoyed the night and I enjoyed his company, so all was well. even though it was a long night, he didn't drink that much and stayed relatively sober, which meant that we could talk and have fun together, which was nice. I hope all of the mothers had a lovely day and were treated like the Queens that you truly are!

@Sunflower: I am so happy that you have found such contentedness and that you are enjoying meetings and the ladies you have met. Thanks for popping by and sharing the positivity!

@Palmer: I hope your husband is recovering well. I'm sorry you are picking up so much slack and also dealing with the added pressure of entertaining others! I'm glad you decided to book the extra night. I really hope you have a great trip and enjoy that extra night all to yourself - well deserved and no need to feel guilty in the slightest. I always think it is pertinent to remember that you can't take care of others if you're not taking care of yourself. So in this period when there is such high demand on your physical and emotional resources, try to view the time away from family and any moment you get to steal for yourself as an investment in your wellbeing, and in turn, an investment in your ability to be there for them - hope this helps a little!

@Numblady: I'm sorry the meeting didn't work out, there's always next time! i'm so happy that you had such a fun time at the ranch and that you got to bask in the luxury of child-free night! haha As for the weigh-in, I haven't stepped anywhere near a scales in longer than I care to admit. I am going to try to be healthier for the sake of my energy levels and mood though, as it has really taken its toll lately. I think we have to just keep our focus centred on sobriety and anything else is a bonus!

@Scotty: So happy you popped by! I am sorry things are challenging with your son, it really sounds like you are such an incredible mom. I know how tough it can be to deal with the feelings of been torn between motherhood duties and other duties when returning to work, and I really admire how you handle all that you have going on. It sounds like your son has an excellent role model. Thanks for sharing the interesting info re: sleep and devices. I really should keep that in mind. It's so great that you are settling well into sobriety and have not had any pesky urges. Don't be too hard on yourself re: exercise and sugar - I'm pretty sure we are all struggling with that mantle still! It will come in time (or so I have been telling myself).

Echoing Numblady in a call for our departed or silent classmates to pop by for a check in - missing y'all and thinking of you!