Old 05-14-2018, 02:50 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  
PalmerSage

Hi all! Numblady, I realized I didn't respond to the tragic news of your husband's friend. That is just so terrible. Do you think it has/will cause any self-reflection on your husband's part, since he is still drinking? Even as I type this, I imagine the answer is "not really," the illogical thinking/denial of the heavy drinker. As for attending a meeting, I've been considering the same thing myself (for almost 5 months, so that gives you an idea of my level of commitment, ha!) I'm anxious to hear about it, when you do end up going.

Scottynz, I can only imagine how difficult it is to try to pull your son away from the video games, and even though it is definitely a generational problem, I think some kids are more prone to the complete mental obsession than others. You're an amazing, vigilant mom who seems to be constantly looking for new ways to understand and adapt to your son's behavior, which is completely admirable.

Today is another blah, rainy day, and I'm getting ready to fly out this morning. There is a packed agenda once I arrive, and I'm still struggling over the guilt of leaving my family in their time of need, but unfortunately there is nothing I can do to change any of it at this point, so I will practice my acceptance over things I can't control. Wish me luck with that!