View Single Post
Old 05-12-2018, 09:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
wynwrights

BINGO! I’ve clocked up over a 100 days of sober time — a bit less than you, it’s true — but I’m starting to experience more frequent cravings than I did earlier on in recovery. Having read a fair bit here and other places, it strikes me that this is not an uncommon experience around this kind of time. I guess you could call it part of PAWS, put it down more generally to the mental and physical recovery from alcohol, or even attribute it to the siren call of booze getting stronger (or more desperate) as you go without it for longer. To be honest, I’m not sure it matters why in the final analysis, but you are definitely not alone. What’s helping me more than anything in staying sober is the recognition — the acceptance, even — that I just can’t drink any more. And, in a funny way, the desire to drink that’s popping up is strengthening that acceptance: if I was able to drink normally, then I wouldn’t be thinking about it at all.

My very best to you: glad to be walking with you in this. I appreciate your posting.