Old 05-12-2018, 03:39 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
MissPerfumado

You sound like an amazing, intelligent woman, with a bright future.

I know what it's like to believe you love someone so much you would do anything for them. I know what it's like also to ignore the truth and tell yourself that things are perfect when they so clearly are not. You are both living with a sickness that has not healed. Any perfection is illusory - you are living a lie even when things seem fine.

Your "love" is enabling him and damaging your own life. I'm so sorry to say this but this is not a healthy love. Giving true love and compassion in this situation means tenderly wishing him the best and stepping away. (And I would include in this not getting involved any more with informing his parole officer, not trying to find out where he is, etc.)

Realise it is not your heart that is stubborn here, it is your ego. Your ego is insisting it can do the job, it can love enough, with enough effort, perseverance, determination, patience etc., it will win. Your heart is actually in pieces already from the pain of being betrayed and used over and over again.

Make peace with the side of you that is insisting it can be his saviour. Make peace with the pain of saying goodbye to him. You cannot save him. Your love cannot save him. Protect Meghan so that Meghan can go on and live a productive fulfilling life and make a difference for many others from a future position of strength and wisdom. That is your job here.