Old 05-12-2018, 11:04 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  
Numblady

Palmer, sorry for my panic! Also sorry for all you and your husband are dealing with!

NC, why are you pushy? Ha! I am totally kidding. I did not at all think you were being pushy. It sounds like we feel largely the same way. Just wanting to give (and draw) support from our class. Genuinely worrying about our folks and wanting them to feel loved and supported. All that good stuff!

Well as for me things are going pretty well today. I did the bike ride. It was TOUGH but I let myself turn around early as a reward for working hard with the dudes (okay there was one chick but it’s mostly dudes and mostly dudes who are in way better shape). Then I came home and blew off the work I need to do in my garden because it’s hot as [insert whatever word you want] up in here and I’d been out in the sun all morning. I just did some nice stretchy yoga instead. Now I am in a place of true happiness. The bed! Waiting for the fine loving arms of the gratuitous nap to envelop me. Then both kids are going to sleepovers and hubby has already agreed we can skip the ballet, go to sushi, and possibly come home and enjoy a quiet house where the only people we have to get to bed are ourselves.

Then tomorrow is the ranch and now I am really trying to plan to go to my first meeting as my Mother’s Day gift to myself. Hopefully I’ll be back in time! If not there are at least two other nearby options that start later so I should be okay. I just kind of wanted to go the one with a speaker. That seems like it would be extra cool.

Oh and NC it is a really awesome ranch with a creek and a pool and all these different cabins/houses plus a huge awesome kitchen. But if it’s any consolation there are no horses. Just some cows. Is it just me or do cows always look like they’ve been up to something when you look at them? Also is it just me or do cats look like if they could talk most of the time they would be saying “ what in the bleeping bleep is going on right now?”

Keeping the faith. Mooo!