View Single Post
Old 05-12-2018, 04:24 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
venuscat

jojo honey ~ as always, we are in sync.....I am also very disappointed in myself and my efforts of late....very. And yes, it is a dangerous slippery slope....but you know what? We both need to read kenton's amazing post from the last thread again.....here it is....

Originally Posted by kenton View Post
Hi Stubbs, you sound like a very honest and self-aware person. Now you just need to take the next step and toughen up with your AV. Think of it as a stubborn toddler throwing a tantrum. You don't need to shout at it or lose your temper.... you just need to learn to say 'no'. Be consistent and strong and let your AV know that you mean it.

Life will continue to throw challenges our way, regardless of whether or not we're drinking and we always have lots of choices of how to react. Keep things simple for yourself at this stage.... just tell yourself over and over again, 'I don't drink anymore'. Regardless of what life throws at you, you don't drink anymore. Just focus on this. Continued sobriety will give you the clarity to understand your reasons for drinking but don't think about that yet. For now, just get used to telling yourself that you don't drink anymore. Whatever happens. ... you won't be drinking. You're far stronger than your AV........ your honesty and self-awareness are powerful weapons against your AV. Use them to get back into control. You can do it xxxxx
We are stronger than our AVs and stronger than anything life can throw at us....on hour at a time, one step at a time....you will feel better honey. Me too.

So much love. ♥♥