View Single Post
Old 05-11-2018, 08:14 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
icandothis20

Hi and welcome.

Your story is alot like mine, except I am your husband. Me and my hubby are both 28 and my husband is a 1 or 2 beer wonder (ocassionaly he will drink more if we are at a big party, but ive never seen him out of control). I am always the one overdoing it, cant stop at one drink, constantly thinking about drinking and I tend to embarrass myself when we are out.

We also have a group of friends who drink quite often, and they party hard. I can see where it skews the line of we are young and having fun. But no one can tell you if you have a problem with alcohol. Lots of my friends didnt think I had a problem either, because I was drinking like they did, but my hubby thought I had a problem. He knew the anxiety and depression and how it made me feel behind closed doors.

If it is affecting him, and your life then I would say it is a problem. I honestly think sometimes its better to leave your friends out of these types of situations as they can confuse you quite a bit, especially if they are drinkers themselves
Best of luck to you both!