View Single Post
Old 05-09-2018, 09:33 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
MesaMan

I re-worked the whole 'Number Of Friends' equation in Early Retirement from the end point. That is, I lowered my expectations on the number and type of Friends I'd be involved with. In this manner, all the baggage about how to achieve the same result is upended [positively], and I've been more content with the outcome. I'm not trying to achieve the prior scenario of having the same number of drinking 'Friends'.

This entire topic is an active one around kinda-remote MesaVille. Years in, MesaMate is still adjusting to me; the not-drunk Introvert. Ya knock off the intake of 'stuff'. You revert to whatever you were 'pre-stuff' as an Adolescent. Feels mighty good, actually. ~25% of us might be Introverts, but - ultimately - we're all a mix of Extro- and Introvert Characteristics.

I've active on positive Social Media, and can also BS with about anyone I meet F2F while out in the Trailer with MesaDog. I'm satisfied with that. MesaMate needs more Chick Time, so we go our separate ways increasingly often. As is the case on my current Solo Trip.

My current thinking is that - just as Society sees Drinking as the norm, and pressurizes Social Situations - there's a number of covert expectations that something is 'wrong' with us Introverts. So, hey, just shape up and get out there more! I've come to understand and reject all that. This leads to Serenity; pivotal to maintaining what I call Effortless Sobriety.
- The Science Of Why Introverts & Extroverts Are Different -