View Single Post
Old 05-09-2018, 07:48 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Wholesome

Yeah I have to admit that I find it intimidating to go out and try to make a friend. I've always been the kind of person who likes to have a few close friends, I don't need or want to be really really popular or anything. For me, it's really easy to make guy friends, I get along well with men, but my BF hates that and it's better to keep the peace. With women it's different, I rarely make a new girlfriend but when I do it's for life. I've decided that I'm going to follow what interests me and just wait for it to happen organically, these things can't be forced. But I've got to get active about it and involve myself in group activities. Join some clubs or team sports. The nice weather is finally here, so I'll be out and about more.

GerandTwine is right, a lot of my feelings are AV. Took me awhile to see that, but I do now. I'm pining away for my old life, it's my Beast that felt excluded. It's my AV telling me that my new life is lonely and boring without getting smashed at every opportunity. That's rubbish. There are infinite ways to amuse myself and I will make a new social circle. I only quit last year, the first six months I was focused on the fact that I'd quit, and then it was winter and I hibernated and went on midnight's at work. So much of life is about perception, the stories we tell ourselves. If I tell myself that I'm bored and lonely, then that's how I'll feel. If I tell myself that this is an opportunity to recreate myself and have new experiences and adventures, then I'll go have a blast.

I think it helps to keep in mind that lots of people feel this way. It's scary to put yourself out there and take the risk of rejection or looking silly. But nothing ventured, nothing gained.